Tuesday, January 8, 2019

New design of the tonarm switch

As I have installed a new modern DJ cartridge with "low" tracking force 5 gr a new lead out switch solution was needed.
The lead out leaf switch pushes to hard (sideways) on the tonearm so I had to have a replacement switch not touching the tone arm mechanism. 
A proximity switch with a relay PCB card was the solution.


I 3D printed a nylon bracket for the proximity switch.


Here is the bracket the proximity switch senses at about 2mm distance.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Gunnar
    You have lots of skills, my jukebox is all working but this year I intend to give it a really good service, so your blog is brilliant.
    I have a BRS cartridge wired in parallel for my mono amp, it sounds great. I have experimented with the pressure but now I have just purchased a vintage Garrard SPG3 tracking force guage with range up to 12 grams. Lots of digital max out at 5 grams. Currently it is set by ear, as light as possible whilst sounding good and function ok. As soon as the Garrard guage arrives it should reveal what it is set at. Probably 12 grams lol, here it is in action - cheers Phil
    https://youtu.be/ObxB12UmkDQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gunnar
    Used my tracking guage, was tracking slightly over 8 grams, adjusted it to 6.0 or 6.5 grams and fitted new stylus. Sounds great but I think it did sound better with the extra weight -) looking forward to your next post
    Cheers
    Phil

    ReplyDelete

Got the BADGE !!!!

Finely after three years searching everywhere for the grille Badge, I saw on facebook marketplace that  Michael  R in US parted out an RO 1...