Sunday, November 26, 2017

Disassembling the Rockola

Today I disassembled the Rock Ola into hundred small parts!
I will start with the cabinet. The bottom metal frames are in a bad shape, rusty and warped, the casters looks like s**t.
The plywood is worn and have delaminated everywhere, the vinyl foil on the sides must be removed and replaced.
Almost all screws are rusty and a bunch of them snapped off as I tryed to get them out :-(
So I’m heading a massive work before I even can start refurbish the record player parts.


The cabinet totally stripped from parts


I was hoping the woofers was ok, unfortunally one had a long thin hairline crack from the center out to the frame, not good at all. Behind is the record magazin/player


Hundreds of parts, the casters at the lower right!


Warped & rusty bottom frame


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got the BADGE !!!!

Finely after three years searching everywhere for the grille Badge, I saw on facebook marketplace that  Michael  R in US parted out an RO 1...