Friday, January 5, 2018

Mounting 3M Di-Noc Architectural Finishes (Vinyl foil)



I decided to buy vinyl foil from 3M for the sides, as I couldnt found any real veneer I liked in the shops nearby.
I found this vinyl in Germany  on a webpage at Foliencenter24.
It's a piece of a cake to mount the foil and took no more then a few minutes to apply the foil.
Warm it with a heatgun and bend it round the coners....and you are finised!


I'm certenly impressed how good it looks and how easy it was to mount.


 First side is finished!
If you dont know it, you would take this for real wood.


It looks exactly as real veneer!
Even the grain is there!


3 comments:

  1. Gunnar
    How did you achieve no bubbles?
    Looks great!
    Love this blog giving me so many tips and inspiration !
    Cheers
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. This foil is expensive, I guess you get the quality you pay for!
    The foil is ridgid but you need someone to hold the foil while you flatten it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks For update, sounds similar to Formica a material that is available in 0.7 MM thickness.
    Keep up the blog, it is the only one I can find that is so well documented.
    Cheers
    Phil

    ReplyDelete

Got the BADGE !!!!

Finely after three years searching everywhere for the grille Badge, I saw on facebook marketplace that  Michael  R in US parted out an RO 1...