Monday, May 28, 2018

Popularity meter

The popularity meter is a mech part that counts how many times a record have been played, the design is bad and troublesome and many users removes this.
 But as I have all parts I decided to refurbish it.
The popularity meter concists of 60 small "cog wheels" washers, springs and lockrings that must be cleaned and polished. Almost all "cog wheels" are also deformed (due to the bad design) and must be aligned one by one.

Before the refurbish


The popularity meter is the orange long part in the center


All small parts after cleaning


Installed with a my own designed label, not prefect colors but good enough!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gunnar
    What turns the cogs of the pop, meter?
    Thanks
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cogwheel folows the selector (pinbank) and under the cogwheel behind the popularity meter there is a (approx 40cm) long cog segment with a arm (prone to get bended) picking one of the 60 thin cogwheels when the tonearm lands on the record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gunnar
    I can understand but I think I will have to find same as mine in person.
    Great blog!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete

Got the BADGE !!!!

Finely after three years searching everywhere for the grille Badge, I saw on facebook marketplace that  Michael  R in US parted out an RO 1...